We are the Keele University branch of the University and College Union. Keele UCU represents members of academic and professional services staff at Keele University.
Who we are
Keele UCU activities are conducted by the Committee and Section Reps. Find out who we are and what we do.
How we help
Keele UCU supports members of staff at Keele by representing them to senior management, helping resolve conflicts, offering advice and guidance, and lobbying on their behalf.
What we fight for
Keele UCU campaigns for positive change for staff. Find out about our latest campaigns.
- Strike Action in Week 1 – We Stand StrongYou will have received an email from UCU Central on Friday. We, Keele’s UCU Branch Committee, do not have time to call an EGM on its contents, and anything less would not engage sufficiently with our members. So we are writing to you with our agreed decision: the UCU General Secretary has opened the door…
- Open letter to Vice-Chancellor in relation to USS**Update – See VC’s Reply! Dear Vice-Chancellor, We are writing to express our great disappointment and ongoing concern regarding the University’s disinformation effort on the matter of USS. For the second time this month, you stated in an email to all University staff that UUK proposals were adopted in the absence of alternative proposals from UCU. This is categorically and demonstrably false.
- VC: Thanks for all your hard work – We’re taking your pension away!Employers – including our own – have simply decided that, in order to avoid having to pay higher contributions or commit to providing stronger levels of covenant support to the scheme, they would rather betray us and make us poorer in retirement. And not a little bit poorer: the average USS member stands to lose 35% of their take-home retirement income (over £100,000 assuming 15 years in retirement). Read more including about our EGM.
- Keele UCU Update on USS PensionMembers may have seen recent updates about the evaluation of the USS pension scheme. Central UCU have promised further updates shortly, but we thought an update would be helpful. Along with other branches and central UCU, Keele UCU believe that neither the USS 2020 valuation nor the governance of USS are fit for purpose. Echoing other branches who have raised these points, we also believe that the behaviour of the Pensions Regulator contradicts its remit…
- UCU Consultation: OneKeeleKeele UCU asked its members for comments and views on the communication, handling and impacts of OneKeele. We have drawn on and summarised the main themes and concerns emerging from members’ comments and provide a summary here. This document includes extensive qualitative data gathered from UCU members.