Why join UCU?
UCU is recognised by the employers to represent academic and academic-related staff in universities.
UCU negotiates annual pay increases for academic and academic-related staff with the national employers’ organisation, UCEA.
- UCU provides a national voice for university professionals on all issues relating to higher education.
- At a local level, Keele UCU negotiates conditions of service with the University.
- UCU advises members on all work-related matters, and represents members involved in grievances or disciplinary action.
- UCU keeps members informed through the local newsletter and national bulletins, and responds to members’ views through General Meetings and ballots.
- A wide range of financial concessions are available to members. More details.
Who can join?
Membership is open to all academic and academic-related staff, including postgraduate students who teach, in any university or equivalent or related institution. The term `academic-related’ applies to all staff whose occupation normally requires a degree or equivalent professional qualification.
How to join
Subscriptions are paid by monthly direct debit or annual cheque. The subscription includes a national and a local element. The national element includes a contribution to the political fund, amounting to 1%, which members may opt out of. The tables on the UCU pages show the subscriptions.
Members who retire can retain many of the benefits of UCU membership for a subscription of £2.23 per month. please contact the Membership Secretary email@example.com